- Jonathan Bray , Alphr
The S5 Neo is the Galaxy S5 reborn, but it's faster, has better battery life and is much cheaper.
- Katharine Byrne , Expert Reviews
Its battery life and display are still first in class, but at this price the Galaxy S5 Neo faces stiff competition.
Rebooting the wildly popular Galaxy S5, Samsung is releasing a nearly untouched version of the phone in the Galaxy S5 Neo. Does the reduced price and slightly tweaked features make this old flagship favorite competitive again?
Let’s see what reviews are saying!
It’s important to note that the phone features are almost identical to the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Notable changes include:
- The leather rear panel is replaced with a plastic shell. However, it’s not removable allowing you to swap batteries for extra juice when needed.
- You no longer need to put flaps and plugs into the various ports to maintain water resistance.
- The processor in the new handset is an octa-core 1.66GHz Exynos processor. Reviews on the processor were mixed. The general consensus is that for typical usage, the processor performs slightly better than the Snapdragon used in the S5. However, a weaker graphics processor in the Neo means gaming isn’t as strong.
- The front-facing camera is upgraded from 2MP to 5MP. Reviews on the camera are positive.
- No IR transmitter
- No fingerprint scanner
Otherwise, you’re getting the same screen, storage and other features from the Samsung Galaxy S5. For more on what to expect, check out our previously published summary!
Reviews (8.5/10 Avg. rating)
The S5, rebooted
Has a lot going for it
A new[ish] Galaxy with microSD
A sophisticated smartphone with good core features
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo is "recycling" on a very high level. The previous flagship smartphone has been improved in some respects, but the performance of the SoC is reduced and some features have been removed.
Positive aspects of the Galaxy S5 Neo are still the sturdy chassis, the great display, the comprehensive software equipment and the long battery runtimes. The smartphone is still waterproof, but does not need the annoying covers anymore. Samsung has also improved the cameras – the results are actually quite nice. Only the video options are limited. Unlike the current... Full review
The good old S5 with something on the side
This phone is a downgrade from the s4
Prices (Where to Buy)
Online Buying Options
Manuals / User Guides
Visit the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Q&A Forum to ask the community a question or help others.Share / Embed